|
|
|
|
|
27th Muharram 1436 | Saturday, Nov 22, 2014
Crime and Accident

Eight accused in Sohrabuddin case appear in Mumbai court

Friday, 9 November 2012
Comments(0)
Mumbai, November 09:

Out of the 19 accused in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case, eight including former Gujarat Minister Amit Shah today appeared before a magistrate's court here.

The trial of the case has been shifted by the Supreme Court from Gujarat to here. The local court, three days ago,
had issued summons to all the accused.

After the court today marked the presence of the eight accused, CBI filed an application seeking fresh production
warrants against remaining 11, including former IPS officers D G Vanjara, Rajkumar Pandian and Abhay Chudasma, who are lodged in Ahmedabad's Sabarmati jail.

They were to be brought here today, but jail authorities could not arrange the travel in time.

Additional Metropolitan Magistrate A A Khan directed the eight accused including Shah, who are on bail, to furnish
fresh bail bonds.

Khan also sought clarification on the status of three accused - A K Parmar, Santram Sharma and V K Rathod, as CBI
had said in the charge sheet that their names were being removed from the list of accused. CBI lawyer said the agency will seek their discharge at the next hearing (November 23).

Sheikh, an alleged gangster, and his wife Kauser Bi were allegedly abducted by Gujarat's Anti-Terrorism Squad from
Hyderabad and killed in fake encounter near Gandhinagar in November 2005. Tulsiram Prajapati, a witness of the
encounter, was also allegedly killed by police in December 2006.

According to CBI, Shah, former Minister of State for Home in Narendra Modi government, was the "kingpin" of conspiracy.

The Supreme Court on September 27 ordered transfer of case to Maharashtra as CBI stated that witnesses were being
intimidated and a free and fair trial was not possible in Gujarat.

-----------------------PTI

Latest News

Protest against registration of Wakf land ...

A delegation of Minority leaders led by Mr. M.A. Basith, Mr. Raj Mohammed, Mr. Mohammed Hameed and Mr. Mohammed Ghouse organized a mass rall ...

Tubectomy deaths: 21 women discharged,17 still under treatment

A total of 21 women were today discharged from two hospitals in the district where they had been und ...

Kashmir - What have we lost and what have we won

The campaign in its current form has been on for about 27 years. With so much sorrow and loss with ...

Related News

16-yr-old raped by brother-in-law

A 16-year-old West Bengal girl was allegedly raped by her brother-in-law in Civil Lines area in North Delhi, police said ...

Former police official arrested over students' disappearance in Mexico

A former deputy police chief and suspected member of the Guerreros Unidos ("United Warriors") drug c ...

Burdwan blast: Sujana Begam remanded to 14 days' judicial custody

Burdwan blast case accused Sahanur Alom's wife Sujana Begam was on Saturday remanded to 14 days' jud ...

Post new comment

To combat spam, please enter the code in the image.

Rs. 26170 (Per 10g)

Opinion Poll
Don't you think Arshad Ayub should have been made the manager not only for Tests but also ODIs for India's Oz tour?
YesNoCan't say

Matrimony | Photos | Videos | Search | Polls | Archives | Advertise | Letters

© The Siasat Daily, 2012. All rights reserved.
Jawaharlal Nehru Road, Abids, Hyderabad - 500001, Telangana, India
Tel: +91-40-24744180, Fax: +91-40-24603188
contact@siasat.com