Eleven Muslim candidates got elected to the Karnataka assembly, out of which eight are from the Indian National Congress and two are from the Janta Dal (secular). Three members have increased in comparison to the last Assembly elections. Out of the 11 Muslim MLA’s, seven are sitting members of the previous Assembly.
The Muslim representatives who have been elected are:
1) Feroz Nooruddin Saith of INC retained his seat Belgaum Utta.
2) Zameer Ahmed Khan of JDS retained his seat Chamrajpet.
3) Iqbal Ansari of JDS defeated BJP siting MLA P. Eshwarapa from Gangawati.
4) Qamar-ul-Islam of INC retained Gulbarga Uttar.
5) Maqbool S. Bagawan of INC won from Bijapur city by defeating siting BJP MLA.
6) U.T. Khader of INC retained Mangalore constituency.
7) B.A. Mohiuddin Bava of INC retained Mangalore North.
8) Tanveer Sait of INC retained his family bastion of Narsimharaja constituency.
9) N.A. Harris of INC retained his seat ShantiNagar.
10) R. Roshan Baig retained his citadel ShivajiNagar.
11) Dr. Rafeeq Ahmed of INC won Tumkur city.