14 members of a family including children sustained burn injuries in a horrendous fire incident occurred in Talab Katta on the wee hours of Saturday. Condition of 4 innocent children is said to be critical. According to sources locals strived hard and rescued the victims. The mishap allegedly occurred due to short-circuit.
Injured were rushed to Osmania General Hospital and Niloufer Hospital where they are undergoing treatment. The inmates of the house were sleeping when the fire broke out at around 5:30 am they came out of the house screaming. Locals rescued the women and children from the flames.
Khursheed (65), Meraj Begum (35), Bismillah Bi (30), Farooq (30), Muzzamil (12), Sania Begum (11), Sameera Begum (6), Saba Fatima (8), Sana Fatima (6), Anwer (4) and Ikram (2) received burns. Condition of 4 kids are said to be critical. Household articles, a bike, TV set and other material worth Rs. 2 lakh were reduced to ashes in the mishap.
The family runs roti-making business.