5 die of electrocution while erecting actors’ hoardings in AP

, 8:32 PM IST

Five persons were electrocuted to death and three others injured while erecting hoardings of Tollywood actors in two separate places of Andhra Pradesh’s East Godavari district, police said today.

In Mandapeta mandal three persons were erecting a 30-ft-long hoarding of a film actor last night when it touched a live wire electrocuting the trio who fell on the ground and died on the spot, Ramchandrapuram (Sub-Division) DSP Ravindranath said.

In the other incident, some workers, along with five fans, were putting up a 20-ft-long hoarding of a film actor in Vadisileru village of Rangampeta mandal last night.

The hoarding touched a live wire in which the five fans were injured due to electrocution. Two of them succumbed to injured while being rushed to the hospital, Peddapuram (Sub-Division) DSP Rajshekhar said.

Cases has been registered in both the incidents and investigation was underway, police said.