Hyderabad: Govt. of Telangana amended the scheme to enhance subsidy from 50% to 80% on all the Self Employment Schemes for the welfare of Minorities. Mr. Syed Omer Jaleel, IAS, Secretary, Dept. of Minorities Welfare issued G.O. yesterday. The G.O. says that the group of Ministers had recommended for the enhancement of subsidy which the Govt. approved. This would be applicable during this year. The present ceiling of this subsidy for welfare scheme is 50% which is available for a project of Rs. 1 lakh. Govt. enhanced it to 80%. The remaining 20% amount would be provided by the banks as loan. For a project of Rs. 2 lakh, the subsidy would be 70%. For the projects ranging between Rs. 2 lakh and Rs. 5 lakh, the subsidy would be 60%.
Minorities Finance Corporation and Christian’s Finance Corporation have been instructed to implement this scheme.
The interesting thing is although the Govt. enhanced the subsidy but the subsidy amounts for the schemes sanctioned last year have not yet been released.