In a case of Doctor’s negligence, a 9-year-old dies who was undergoing a routine operation for a cut on his hand at a Hospital in Hyderabad.
According to reports Hardik Jena a student at Glendale Academy International School in Sun City, got hurt by a glass pane of his class door leading to a cut on his hand. He was given immediate first aid and was rushed to Olive hospital by the teaching staff.
However by the time parents rushed to the hospital, they were informed that Hardik would need a surgery. Though the parent initially hesitated as it was a minor cut, they later gave in as doctors told its necessary.
Hardik’s father said “After undergoing a minor surgery around 7:30 pm that day, my son’s condition started deteriorating, and he was later shifted to ICU. We were not allowed to see him as he was already in danger by that time. Later they informed that our son died”.
“Even after the deep cut, Hardik was healthy and active, as he was playing games on my phone. Only after the operation his condition worsen and I strongly feel that my son breathed his last while undergoing treatment and the hospital authorities were just pretending that he is alive.””, alleged father.
The family is alleging medical negligence and death due to anesthesia overdose. An FIR has been lodged against the hospital.
Ashish further said, “I should have taken my son to some other hospital which at least doesn’t kill people for money but unfortunately I couldn’t do that and it is our bad luck that we lost our only son due to negligence of the doctors.”
Ashish said, “After the tragic incident, the hospital asked us to pay around Rs 1,78,000 which I clearly refused as it’s an open fraud and I only paid Rs 3000. Earlier they pressurized us to pay the bill but after we lodged a complaint against them, they wanted to escape and settle the matter.”