Lucknow: All the accused in the Babri Masjid demolition case, including BJP leaders L.K. Advani, Murli Manohar Joshi and Union Minister Uma Bharti, reached the special CBI court in Indiranagar, Lucknow, on Tuesday afternoon amid tight security.
The first one to reach the court premises was Shiv Sena leader Satish Pradhan, followed by Advani, Joshi and Bharti.
Sadhvi Ritambhara, Vinay Katiyar, Ram Vilas Vedanti and Mahant Gopal Das also reached the court premises separately.
Talking to the media earlier, Uma Bharti said she had already made it clear that there was no conspiracy in bringing down the structure in December 1992 and that it was an act in anger by a mob. She added that she respected the court and hence was appearing before it.
Former MP Ram Vilas Vedanti, who is on bail, said he had told the court earlier too that he brought down the mosque. He announced that under “the rule of Modi at the Centre and Yogi in the state, a grand Ram temple would be constructed at Ayodhya”.
Rajya Sabha MP Vinay Katiyar said he had no regrets about the demolition of the Babri Masjid as millions of faithful had “willed” that there be a Ram temple and that the dilapidated structure be razed to the ground.
“There were lakhs of people present there so where was the room for conspiracy?” he mused.
Sadhvi Ritambhara also ruled out any conspiracy and said “The CBI has pressed for conspiracy charges against us so the onus is on them to prove it.”