New Delhi : For those treating your dad to a special outing on Father’s Day, British Airways has compiled a list of top 10 European destinations for gift inspiration.
To mark this special day, the airline had fun re-naming some of its destinations on a departures board at London Heathrow Terminal 5 which read; ‘Amster-Dad,’ ‘Kuala Lum-Pa,’ ‘Trini-Dad,’ ‘Abu Daddy’ and ‘Cheng-Dad.’
The customers from India can take advantage of British Airways’ 49 weekly non-stop flights from India to the UK and Europe. All flights from India arrive at the airline’s award-winning home – London Heathrow Terminal 5.
The terminal is exclusive to customers of British Airways and its sister airline Iberia. Customers can enjoy stress free onward connections from there to over 20 cities in the UK and 40 European countries. In 2016, Terminal 5 was named by Skytrax as the World’s Best Airport Terminal for the fifth consecutive year.
British Airways’ top 10 picks that make an amazing gift for the Father’s Day are:
1. Pampered Papa: It’s amazing what you can do in a day. Arrive in London at 3:10pm and treat Dad to the ‘Super Charger Men’s’ massage at Mayfair’s Elemis Spa. Enjoy a spectacular dinner at nearby Nobu, and finish the great day with one of the 180 gins to choose from in Soho’s ‘Graphic.’
2. Mad for it in Manchester: Get your hands on a highly sought after Stone Roses ticket and take your Dad to one of the most talked about comeback gigs this year. What’s more, it takes place in their home town of Manchester on Father’s Day itself.
3. Football Mad Dad: Can there be a greater bonding moment than shouting ‘C’mon England’ with your Dad during the football!? Fly to Lyon to cheer on the team when they play on 20 June.
4. The ‘Reyk’ Stuff!: The perfect excuse to combine a fishing trip with an opportunity to discover the natural beauty of Iceland. Take one of the many fishing tours from ReykjavikÂ´s Old Harbour to Faxafloi Bay to catch your own dish of the day.
5. Steak Out: If your father is a foodie, then take him to one of the best steak houses in Italy. ‘Officina Della Bistecca’ has carved out quite a reputation for its porterhouse cuts from organically reared Catalonian cattle hung for 30 days. Be sure to book ahead.
6. On the Rocks: If your Dad enjoys a ‘wee dram’ then the Malt Whisky Trail in Speyside will hit the spot. It is home to the greatest number of distilleries of any whisky-producing areas in Scotland.
7. Amster-Dad: Amsterdam in a day? Easy. Take the 6.45am flight and pack in a day of sightseeing and local culture, most of which can be discovered by foot, before getting the last flight (9.05pm) of the day back to London.
8. Spanish Getaway: For an all-round weekend away with Dad, head to the vibrant city of Barcelona which offers great tapas, golden beaches, art galleries and museums. It is also home to the famous ‘Nou Camp’ football stadium, which has walking tours.
9. Man Up!: From the city to Isle of Man in less than an hour. Enjoy nature trails and golfing by day and a flutter in the casino at night.
10. For Kids and Big Kids: In just two hours, you can be in Billund, home to Denmark’s most famous export – Legoland. A destination for kids and big kids alike, it’s a hit for all the family to enjoy. (ANI)