New Delhi; Not only is eating chocolates good for your body, applying it to your skin, face or body can provide a lot of benefits as well for better and smoother skin tone, suggest experts.
So what can be a better day than World Chocolate Day — that is being celebrated on Friday — to start adding this delicacy in your diet religiously.
Aakriti Kochar, Beauty and Makeup Expert, Oriflame India, and Mehar Rajput, Nutritionist and Dietitian from FITPASS, share tips on how chocolates can provide fruitful benefits for your skin.
* Chocolates are rich in anti-oxidants which helps in reversing the signs of ageing.
* They have anti-inflammatory properties which makes it extremely suitable for very sensitive and dry skin.
* Dark Chocolate helps in improving skin texture, giving you a more smooth and moisturised skin.
* Chocolates contain flavanols, antioxidants that protect your skin from UV damage, free radicals and improve skin hydration.
* Flavanols are phytonutrients that help in reducing blood pressure, cholesterol level, reducing the risk of heart diseases, controlling blood sugar level and moisturising & softening of the skin.
* Chocolate when combined with caffeine, which is an excellent anti- inflammatory product, is ideal for treating water retention.
* Chocolate facial is a new fad introduced in the beauty and personal care industry. It not only can improve the skin tone, but is also great in reducing wrinkles and fine lines.
* Mix 1/3rd cup of cocoa powder with 2-3 tablespoon of honey and add a few lemon drops to it. Apply this chocolate face mask on your face evenly and leave it for about 15-20 minutes before washing. This will give your skin a smoother and clearer tone along with a radiant glow.
* It can slow down the process of ageing by stopping or slowing down the action of free radicals.