Purpose: To contribute to the effective management of EGA’s re-insurance and risk mitigation program , including claims processing, reporting and administration of compliance processes for insurance related loan covenants.
– Reviews and ensures the integrity of data and management reports for the entire EGA Insurance Portfolio including ownership of internal and external presentations
– Provides recommendations for policy coverage changes as required for current or new risks and exposures
– Identify areas where savings may be achieved through revised terms of coverage, amount of deductible, indemnity periods and low claims bonuses
– Collects details/information for underwriters/brokers risk reviews and program renewal
– Supports the preparation of tender and related documentation for brokering services/insurance policies, evaluation of responses and presentations to the management/committees
– Manages the updating and maintenance of all corporate insurance data such as policies, insurers’ security ratings, premiums, claims, deductibles and risk details in the insurance register/files
– Seeks endorsements for all material construction and operational insurances and reinsurances in favour of the Security Trustee
– Processes relevant notifications to Security Trustee, Administrative Agent and Facility Agents
– Prepares required documentations and forwards to relevant loan compliance governing parties to evidence the payment of policy premiums
– Provides administrative and facility agents with Broker’s Letters of Undertaking for each insurance within the stipulated period
– Processes requests and delivers onshore and offshore Notices of Assignment for eligible insurance policies
– Establishes and maintains positive relationships with insurance advisers’, underwriters and other stakeholders
– Establishes and maintains excellent internal relationships with all stakeholders [Operations and Corporate] – Mentors team colleagues and provides leadership and technical / operational guidance
– Supports the handling, management and reporting of all insurance programme claims, which includes preparation/review of claims adjustments, coordination of surveyors visits and claim data collection and review
– Coordinates brokers and underwriters engineering survey visits to the plant site and prepares monthly progress/status report on the implementation of loss prevention recommendations
– Administers claims notifications system to area owners
– Supports the process of translating EGA’s insurance program’s terms, conditions and warranties into clear guidelines for all responsible area owners
– Prepares and releases monthly Corporate Insurance report along with all insurance related periodic declarations and other departmental reports
– Supports the preparation of management/committees presentations/updates in what relates to Corporate Insurance
– Reviews and processes in timely manner the endorsements/payments/refunds that relates to Insurance policies and claims
– Manages all aspects of protection systems, impairment notification to insurers Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)
– Participates in the analysis and development of risk mitigation/transfer strategies in support of the Enterprise Risk Management team
– Ensures compliance to all relevant safety, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the section in order to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance and a responsible environmental attitude
– Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Engineering or equivalent
– Insurance Qualifications [CII] or working to obtain the same.
– 3 – 5 years in a role of similar nature
– Effective communication skills
– Interpersonal skills
– Data mining, analysis and excellent reporting skills
– Advanced MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint Skills
– Experience of SAP system or similar ERP system.
About the Company:
Emirates Global Aluminium (EGA) is owned equally by Mubadala Development Company of Abu Dhabi and Investment Corporation of Dubai. EGA is an aluminium conglomerate with interests in bauxite/alumina and primary aluminium smelting; with plans for significant local growth and international expansion.
EGA’s core operating assets are Dubai Aluminium (DUBAL) and Emirates Aluminium (EMAL) – whose combined production is 2.4 million tonnes per annum (“tpa”), ranking EGA among the five largest primary aluminium producers in the world. Both companies are renowned for maximising the health and safety of people and the surrounding community, reducing operational environmental impact and investing in social and economic development.