Sunday , October 23 2016
Home / Crime / Beware! Hair transplant procedure killed a student

Beware! Hair transplant procedure killed a student


Chennai: Santosh, a 22-year old medical student, died after undergoing a hair transplantation procedure in Chennai. Santosh was slightly bald and chose to go for hair transplant procedure last month. However, he died just two days later. Santosh’s mother P Josebeen said that her son developed fever shortly after the hair transplant procedure which went on for nearly 10 hours.

As part of the surgery at the Advanced Robotic Hair Transplant Centre, Santosh received around 1,200 hair transplants. Santosh’s parents claimed that the doctors at the hair transplant centre were not surgeons and that they had gone missing ever since their son passed away.

Josbeen said her son had paid Rs 73,000 for the procedure. Shockingly, the hair transplant centre had a licence only to operate as a hair salon. Authorities said even that licence had expired a few months ago, as per reports.

Read Also


Huge cache of explosives recovered in Jharkhand