Thursday , August 17 2017
Home / News / Beware! Man suffered third-degree burns with his iPhone charging in bed

Beware! Man suffered third-degree burns with his iPhone charging in bed

HUNTSVILLE: An Alabama man ‘lucky to be alive’ after he was electrocuted in his sleep by his iPhone charger in bed.

Wiley Day of Huntsville, Alabama who fell asleep in bed wearing his dog tag around his neck next to his iPhone while charging got caught in the exposed prongs of his charger.

He said cellphone loosened from an extension cord and the metal chain he was wearing turned into a conductor for the electricity that travelled straight to Day’s neck.

“And my necklace became the conductor,” the 32-year-old told ABC affiliate WAAY TV.

“When I felt the electrocution here, it somehow, some way, jolted me over here to the floor.”

He rushed to the hospital and was treated for second-and-third-degree burns on his neck and hands.

While 100 volts is enough to kill a person and Day is lucky to survive an electric shocked by 110 volts of electricity.

“Had I not pulled that necklace off when I did …” Day said. “I just believe that God spared my life, and that’s what happened.”

“It was the eeriest, darkest, most demonic thing you could ever experience,” Day said while speaking to The Washington Post. “I don’t have enough adjectives to describe it.”

“Charge your phone away from you,” Day advised. “Charge it the next day. It’s not worth your life.”