New Delhi: The body of a 27-year-old man from Jharkhand, who was allegedly killed by his employers in Saudi Arabia last year, would be brought to India tomorrow, the Dehi Court was told today.
The counsel appearing for the petitioner, Naushaba Bano, wife of Mohammed Afsar Ansari, who was killed, said that authorities in Saudi Arabia would dispatch the body and it would reach Delhi tomorrow.
The Centre had informed the court on April 22 that Mr Ansari’s body was likely to be brought to India from Saudi Arabia within a week.
The government had said that the Indian embassy in Riyadh has taken all steps to dispatch the body and all the formalities have been completed.
Mr Ansari, hailing from Jharkhand, was allegedly killed last year by his employers in Saudi Arabia apparently after he wanted to return to India.
The government’s submission had came on a plea by Ms Bano who sought contempt proceedings against the officials concerned, claiming there was a delay on their part in transporting her husband’s body to India as directed by the court earlier.
Her counsel had earlier told the court that Mr Ansari’s kin feared that since the Indian Embassy had issued a no objection certificate to the employers, they may bury the body in Saudi Arabia itself.
In its status report filed in the court, the Indian Embassy had said its officials had visited the Bureau of Investigation in Saudi Arabia this month and had got a clearance from them to release the mortal remains of Mr Ansari.
The embassy had also said that it had prepared the certificate in the name of Mr Ansari’s brother but as it was not collected by him, it was prepared in favour of an employer.