Professional Management Resources Ltd
Our client a Global Conglomerate operating throughout Asia/Pacific, the Americas, EEC, Africa & Middle East is experiencing continued growth and is currently undergoing an extensive program focusing on the Power sectors.
They are seeking a Business Developer to be based in the Middle East (ideally in Dubai) to target the Power Market in Middle Eastern countries such as Iraq and Iran, reporting to the Corporate Lead responsible for this initiative based in Manila, Philippines.
The Business Developer Middle East is responsible for taking on a role to lead the identification, analysis, development and approval of power projects in the region.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
1. Manages the overall project development from initiation to financial close. This includes the finalization of documents such as PPA, Fuel supply agreement, Consortium and shareholders agreement, EPC and O&M arrangements, etc.
2. Organizes due diligence missions
3. Develops Greenfield projects, acquisitions and divestments
4. Leads and manages a team of multidisciplinary specialists in legal, finance, and technical disciplines on development projects
5. Reviews all relevant and critical elements in projects
6. Ensures project overviews and schedules from all team members
7. Analyzes and selects the best technical configuration(s) and contractor(s) appropriate for company strategies and customers’ needs
8. Negotiates EPC contract(s)
9. Negotiates MOU, joint development agreements or shareholder agreements with local and international partners
10. Organizes, together with management, the Initial Review meeting, the Risk Assessment meeting(s) and the Regional Project Review meeting, and prepares the investment memoranda for senior management approvals
11. Analyzes the project risk allocation
12. Coordinates the preparation, circulation and archiving of all required BD project documentation in compliance with applicable process regulations and/or other regulations having jurisdictions
13. Prepares, monitors, analyzes and approves projects’ budgets, expenses as well as provides accommodating follow-up reports
14. Provides signoffs on the overview and executive BD project documentation as needed/ required
Our client is offering an open renewable Contract/Assignment, competitive Salary, either Single/Married status with education allowance (if applicable) plus a full benefits package, including Accommodation, Transport, Medical/Life Insurance, Leave & Air Tickets to point of origin.
Experience and Skill
1. Minimum 10 years of working experience in a senior capacity, of which minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience in international business transactions and project development, specifically in the energy sector
2. Experience with technical, financial, economic and legal aspects of business transactions
3. Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation and presentation skills
4. Able to work in a multicultural environment and multidisciplinary teams
5. Customer oriented
1. University education: Engineering or Applied Economics
2. MBA a plus
1. Fluent in spoken and written English and Arabic essential
2. Knowledge of French is an asset, but not mandatory
About the Company
PMR is a British manpower recruitment consultancy, established in 1985, specialising in the provision of Engineering, Management, Technical and Support Staff to our Clients’ projects UK & Worldwide, in particular Middle East, Africa and Asia.
Our clients are involved in a range of industries including Civil, Building, Construction, Infrastructure, Power Generation Plants, Substations, Renewable, Thermal, Wind & Solar Energy, Power Transmission Networks, Oil, Gas, Petrochemical Plants, Refineries, Pipelines, Process, Marine Terminal, LNG, Industrial, Production, Manufacturing, Concrete Technologies, Telecomms & IT.
All of our clients are leading International High Flyers with exciting progressive projects worldwide, and are seeking candidates willing and able to give long term commitment throughout the duration of the assignment and so develop with them.