Business Manager – Middle East, Travel Retail
United Arab Emirates – Dubai
Trading for over 170 years our client, headquartered in Scotland, is a high quality specialist manufacturer within the luxury foods and drinks sector.
The company is proud of its heritage, passionate about its history, its people and most of all its award winning products.
The Business Manager will accelerate our client`s existing Travel Retail business in UAE (Dubai Duty Free, Sharjah and Abu Dhabi). He/she will grow the Brand Contribution from their existing portfolio sales in the region as well as deliver regional growth via a mixture of effective account management and the identification and realisation of new opportunities.
Reporting to the Area Director Middle East, India and Africa, also based in Dubai, and with wider marketing and operational support offered via the UK headquarters, the Business Development Managers key outputs are as follows.
• Deliver budgeted volume & Brand Contribution. Consider the P&L for this area your own.
• Develop effective relationships with customers and internal stake holders.
• Continually seek new opportunities & contacts for the development of the Whyte & Mackay business and brands.
• Ensure distributers are motivated & focused upon the strategic priorities.
• Work with Marketing Team to develop, execute and evaluate the agreed promotional programme.
• Develop and manage an effective team of in-store Brand Ambassadors with clear objectives and development opportunities to maintain momentum.
• Ensure that volume and promo spend forecasts are maintained & updated monthly.
• Develop a strong working relationship with W&M Credit Control & Operations to minimise risk & optimise planning efficiency.
Qualifications & Experience
• 5 years plus commercial experience of managing customer / distributor relationships across multiple markets.
• Must have Travel Retail exposure and ideally come from a supplier background.
• Trade marketing experience / exposure in retail are an advantage.
• Extensive exposure to an intensive trading environment in the UAE.
• Experience of managing a P&L across different channels.
• Previous business responsibility for the Middle East.
• Previous branded drinks experience, preferably in alcoholic beverages.
• Willingness to travel in the region.
• UAE Driving licence compulsory.
To apply in confidence please send your CV to;
Senior Consultant, DACH & Middle East – Emerging Markets
Please note you will receive an automated response advising you that we have received your CV.
All third party and direct applications will be forwarded to Hudson for consideration.
Hudson is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.
About the Company
Simply stated, Hudson’s focus is helping you to get the best from talented people. At Hudson, we assess, recruit, develop and engage the best and brightest people for our clients. Our underlying goal is to improve performance at every level, so that the whole becomes greater than the sum of each individuals expertise.
We deliver innovative solutions that address both hiring strategies and organisational effectiveness people and performance. Weve developed a strong track record of helping clients run their businesses smarter and achieve greater success through people.