Ingredients (240 ml cup used)
- 2 tbsp. ghee
- 3 sprigs fresh curry leaves
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- ½ tbsp. coarsely crushed pepper (adjust)
To Marinate and cook or use any left over curry
- ½ kg tender chicken bone-in or boneless
- 1 ½ tbsp. Fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. chopped coriander or mint leaves/ pudina
- ¼ tsp. turmeric or as needed
- 1 ½ Garam masala powder
- 1 ½ tsp. red chili powder (adjust to suit your taste)
- 3 large onions (coarsely crushed or pulsed in mixer)
- 1 tbsp. ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp. ghee
- Salt as needed
- Wash chicken and drain off the water completely.
- To a cooking pot, add it along with the ingredients mentioned under to marinate.
- Mix everything well and cook on a low flame till the chickn is tender and cooked completely.
- If you find moisture in the pot, Cook on a slightly high flame and evaporate it.
- Set this aside for about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Heat a pan with ghee, Add chopped curry leaves and garlic. Fry until the curry leaves turn crisp. You can set aside few leaves for garnish.
- To the pan, add and begin to roast.
- When the masala gets roasted well, sprinkle pepper powder and salt if needed.
- Fry till you get a nice an aroma of pepper chicken ghee roast. Switch off the flame.
- Garnish with curry leaves.
Recipe by Swathi