Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Commercial Manager – Riyadh, KSA
The Commercial Manager will be expected to lead and be responsible for the commercial aspects of a portfolio of projects related to the development and construction of a large-scale destination shopping mall with associated facilities on behalf of the Real Estate Developer and provide assistance to the Sr. Commercial Manager on reporting the commercial status of projects to MD and Board, in liaison with relevant Internal Departments.
The role requires the candidate to have a keen interest in Commercial & Project Management and in developing their project management skills. The ideal candidate is to have strong commercial awareness and have a background as a Chartered QS with relevant experience in preparing cost plans, procurement awareness, managing project cost control, cash flow, cost reporting of all development costs including construction.
1. Responsible for supporting Delivery Team on all Commercial aspects of Projects
2. Responsible for the development of project(s) through the direction of control documents and instruction from the senior management team and Senior Project Managers.
3. Assists with the preparation of Development feasibility studies, concept master planning etc. to develop the initial briefing requirements for Consultants.
4. Assists with the development of the strategies and initiatives to enhance the successful delivery of projects or specified components, both in terms of design, construction and where applicable, operation and maintenance companies.
5. Assisting in establishing best practice procedures on cost management within the Project Delivery Department. Including delivery of initiatives on Benchmarking, Risk management. Assist with the auditing of projects ensuring the processes and procedures adopted by projects.
6. Responsible for Cost Management of the respective project(s) with respect to Cost Planning, cost reporting, change management and Contract Close out in liaison with the Delivery Team.
7. Form and support the Project Manager to engender a cohesive project team. Both internally and external, liaising with other departments particularly Finance and Development Management.
• Assist with the procurement of all services as per the approved processes and procedures manual
• Manage the procurement of Consultant and Contract services
• Manage the compilation of the commercial assessment of all tender submissions (either internally or using a Third Party)
• Manage the compilation of the Contract Document, and execution with the respective Contractual parties.
9. Cost Planning, Estimating and Reporting
• Assist with the management of Third Party cost consultants for the provision of cost plans, estimates and reports.
• Issue a monthly commercial report on project(s) following project finance meetings incorporating an up to date cash flow and analysis of costs to date and projected final account figures.
10. Contract Administration and Close Out (internally or using a Third Party)
• Assist with the contract administration, of construction and contracts and consultant appointments including the payment process thereof.
• Contract Strategy Development with the respective Project Managers
• Final account close out
• Claim management – logging, review, respond, close out.
About the Company
Engage was formed in 2007 in response to frustrations at the level of service delivery offered by traditional large recruitment agencies working in the construction market. With a belief in providing a truly knowledgeable, precise and quality driven service, Engage strives to offer a recruitment experience to both employers and candidates that is unrivalled in the marketplace.
We provide precision staffing solutions, including contingency and executive search, within the construction and commercial marketplaces. Our enduring relationships with market leading organisations in the region and overseas means we have access to the best candidates and the best vacancies.