WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff are looking for someone with a background in sustainability and waste management, to coordinate through the various stages of concept, schematic, detailed and construction stages. In an advisory capacity, to innovate and bring environmentally and economically beneficial solutions to our clients.
The key objectives of the role are;
– Coordinate designs with the project team through the various stages of concept, schematic, detailed and construction phases of a project
– Ensure compliance with Green Buildings Regulations and associated sustainability rating tools (LEED, BREEAM etc)
– Develop waste strategies and design waste management systems (chutes, waste rooms, pneumatic waste systems) for new developments, including hotels, high-rise residential, retail and commercial etc. have knowledge eof AutoCAD and an ability to read plans.
– Develop energy models using IES software and ASHRAE guidance to present daylight analyses, thermal comfort and energy requirements of new and existing developments
How will know when you are successful in this role?
– Designs, models and compliance credits are developed / completed at the relevant stage throughout the design process to ensure that they comply with the relevant codes and project specifications
– Communicating, coordinating and working well with multidisciplinary teams
– You will be able to manage my workload by being proactive and able to work in a self-sufficient manner
– Clients are happy with your deliverables
– Chartered / Professional in Environment, Energy or Engineering
– Member of Professional Institution
– Degree in Engineering or Environment
– 5+ years technical experience
– Worked for consultants
– Willing to work across waste, sustainability and energy projects
We would like to speak with creative, positive, people focused individuals who are proactive and results-driven, have excellent client facing skills, and a sound knowledge and understanding of developing and creating innovative and engaging sustainability solutions. If you’re fluent in English, with a passion for new technology, and thrive upon ‘thinking out of the box’ to develop and deliver solutions to complex problems, then WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff is the right company for you!
You’ll be joining a diverse group of individuals including engineers, scientists, technicians, consultants and academics, who work together to provide the most effective and sustainable solutions for our clients.
As one of the ‘Top 20 Companies to Work For in the UAE’, we offer a supportive team based environment, continued training and development, flexible working arrangements and rewarding career opportunities.
About the Company
WSP and Parsons Brinckerhoff have combined and are now one of the world’s leading engineering professional services consulting firms. Together we provide services to transform the built environment and restore the natural environment, and our expertise ranges from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, and from developing the energy sources of the future to enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. We have approximately 32,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, and various environmental experts. We are based in more than 500 offices across 39 countries worldwide.