Wednesday , October 12 2016
Home / News / Hyderabad / Consultative meeting of Muslim Ulema for Residential Schools Scheme

Consultative meeting of Muslim Ulema for Residential Schools Scheme


Hyderabad: DGP of ACB, Mr. A.K. Khan has convened a meeting of Muslim Ulema today at 3 p.m. at Urdu Maskan, Khilwath for the successful implementation of 70 residential schools for Minorities. Suggestions for the implementation of this scheme would be sought from Muslim leaders. An appeal would also be made to the Muslim scholars to extend their cooperation for the successful implementation of residential schools scheme.


These schools will offer education from V to VII standards. The best possible facilities would be provided to the students. Boarding and lodging and medical facilities would be offered free. A target of 240 students has been fixed for each school.


Mr. K. Sri Hari, Dy. CM and Education Minister is the Chairman of Minorities Residential Schools Society and Mr. A.K. Khan is the vice Chairman.


75% seats are reserved for Minorities. The remaining 25% seats would be filled up from the students of other communities. So far, 50 buildings have been identified for starting these schools. Within a year, one residential school would be constructed at a central place in the city and districts with a budget of Rs. 20 crore each.


Mr. A.K. Khan will also consult educationists after this meeting. Govt. proposes to establish six schools in Adilabad, 5 in Nizamabad, 7 in Kareem Nagar, 4 in Khammam, 9 in Medak, 7 in Mahboob Nagar, 7 in Hyderabad, 9 in Ranga Reddy, 5 in Nalgonda and four in Warangal. In Hyderabad city, these schools would be started in Bahadurpura, Asif Nagar, Charminar, Saidabad, Golconda, Musherabad and Secunderabad Cantonment.


It may be mentioned that Mr. KCR is very serious about the establishment of residential schools of Minorities and Rs. 350 crore have been allocated for this scheme.


Pamphlets has been published and distributed in Urdu, English and Telugu for creating awareness among the public for these schools. Posters depicting the details would also be displayed in the mosques of the city of Hyderabad and districts.


Mr. B. Shafiullah, MD of Minorities Finance Corporation is the secretary of this society. He is taking keen interest in the selection of buildings, textbooks and other facilities.


–Siasat News

Read Also


Harish Rao to inaugurate Mushaira in Siddipet on 15th October