Tuesday , October 18 2016
Home / Crime / Crime and Accident / Couple injured in fire accident

Couple injured in fire accident


Coimbatore: A woman’s bid to scare her drunkard husband into giving up his habit by pouring kerosene over herself turned awry as sparks from a nearby stove set her saree ablaze.

The husband was also injured in the incident as he rushed to douse the flames and the couple have been hospitalised, police said.

Police said Kamatchi and Kamaraj had got married about one and half years back. They have a two month old male child.

Kamaraj often used to come home drunk leading to frequent quarrels between the couple. Yesterday he came home in an inebriated state and picked up a fight with his wife. In a fit of rage she doused herself with kerosene. However, a spark from a lit stove set her saree ablaze and she sustained injuries, they said.

The man tried to douse the flames and got injured in the process. Hearing their screams, neigbhours rushed to the house and managed to put off the fires.

The couple was rushed to the Government Hospital, police added.


Read Also


6 arrested in connection with robberies in Central Delhi