New Delhi: The pitter-patter of raindrops and greenery might lure you to go for a monsoon wedding, but you need to pay extra attention to the fabric you use in your ensembles and the colours to get it right, says an expert.
Designer Vaishali Jain tells you how to dress up for a monsoon wedding:
* Grooms must avoid heavy fabrics, and choose light and soft ones for their sherwani and blazer. Say no to dhotis or pants that add volume to the bottoms. Keep the colours bright. Also ensure your wear safas or turbans only when outdoor.
* Brides have much to care for. As monsoon wedding dresses, you must avoid velvets and heavy embroidery. Keep it light just like your groom.
* A monsoon bride must choose bright colours and can even go ahead and experiment with neon colours.
* Opt for bridal wear made of georgette chiffon, lace, net, crepe, brocade or fine tissue.
* Footwear should preferably by flats. Step into your stilettos or heels when stepping on the stage.