Electrical Engineer (Operations/Facilities Management) – Qatar
Government Property Development Firm
Exceptional Expatriate Salary Package + Benefits
Our client is a global Property Development firm who are world renowned for the development of iconic mega projects worldwide. Their key project is a city project that extends across 38 square kilometres and includes four exclusive islands and 19 multi-purpose residential, mixed use, entertainment and commercial districts. This is a comprehensive arena of leisure spots, residential buildings, commercial towers, avenues and public ports. This city will accommodate 200,000 residents and 170,000 employees and 80,000 visitors. They now seek to recruit an Electrical Engineer to direct the facilities management and maintenance of all extra low voltage (ELV) and all electrical work in buildings and other assigned structures and to manage the sub-contracting activities.
Reporting to the Manager – Building Services, this role is responsible to:
– Lead and manage the extra low voltage and all electrical work of sub-contractors in managing building services.
– Manage all required of Extra low voltage (ELV) and all electrical work operations related to IBMS, Fire alarm system, Access Control & CCTV Monitoring, Gate barrier, Parking systems, HVAC Control system, Lighting Control system, PLC/SCADA Programming & Troubleshooting, Servicing & Maintenance , Programming with (PC based software) & Testing, commissioning, repairing, installation, quality auditing and testing in Electrical LT Switchgear Control panels, Distribution Boards, Computer hardware and software installation and data recovery.
– Ensure the building facilities effectively serve the needs of all stakeholders.
– Provide advice and consultation on review of extra low voltage (ELV) and all electrical related designs and specifications.
– Review extra low voltage (ELV) and all electrical related manuals and documentation to ensure they are prepared in full extent and contain all the necessary information.
– Review and provide inputs on planned extra low voltage (ELV) and all electrical maintenance activities for managed properties.
– Provide technical advice to the facilities management in order to support them in addressing specific of Extra low voltage (ELV) and all electrical issues.
– Conduct site testing of extra low voltage (ELV) and all electrical related issues, and fault finding activities to ensure the property or site is well maintained.
– Supervise extra low voltage (ELV) and all electrical repair works done by the onsite contractors.
– Review plans and budgets for all extra low voltage (ELV) and all electrical activities in managed properties.
– Conduct site testing of Extra low voltage (ELV) and all electrical related issues, and fault finding activities to ensure the property or site is well maintained.
– Provide insights for facilities management tenders with regards to specific of Extra low voltage (ELV) and all electrical requirements and associated costs.
– Provide efficient solutions to the development of processes and products, ranging from small component designs to extremely large plant, machinery or vehicles.
– Supervise work on all stages of a product, from research and development to design and manufacture, through to installation and final commissioning.
– Assist the engineers in the urban planning and development department for review of design drawings for specific Extra low voltage (ELV) and all electrical related urban design projects.
– Formulate long and short range strategies for Extra low voltage (ELV) and all electrical work in buildings and oversee its implementation in alignment with the overall facilities management strategy.
– Evaluate and oversee the contract management for all Extra low voltage (ELV) and all electrical related aspects, to ensure clarity of scope, requirements, deliverables and timing in line with facilities management strategy and objectives.
– Evaluate and oversee the contract management for all electrical related aspects.
– Conduct periodic briefings with on-site team/ contractors to follow-up and report on the progress in order to anticipate any possible delays and initiate corrective action to avoid delays.
– Inspect the workplace for potential hazards, assess the risks and report potential injuries, accidents and hazards.
– Review the evaluation of facility management services tender returns to ensure full compliance with all specifications.
– Launch a hand-over & take-over protocol from construction contractor to asset management.
– Prepare customized Fit-Out Manuals and manage the fit-out design phase throughout construction and full operation for different types of commercial buildings.
– Implement company HSE policies including assistance with audits, guidance to staff & tool box talks as per OHSAS18001.
– Verify and report on ‘As Built Drawings” submitted by the contractor.
– Develop an Asset Registry Methodology in order to capture assets received.
– Establish and enforce rules and regulations as per the tenant’s manual. Evaluate operational audits and management reviews against SLAs and KPIs
– Develop building acceptance procedures in alignment with completion and defects.
– Interface directly with local municipality and government officials, community stakeholders, land owners, and legal representatives to coordinate all issues resolution and bring building and upgrade projects to a successful completion.
– Liaise and attend meetings with contractors, consultants, and other key personnel to solve electrical technical issues and other related matters.
– Assist with establishing supplier/ sub-contractor performance management systems.
– Perform any other duties as assigned by the Manager – Building Services.
– Bachelor of Science – Electrical Engineering is required. Certification and Registration as an Engineer Grade A in the State of Qatar will be highly regarded
– Minimum 6-8 years practical electrical engineering experience.
– Advanced computer and project management skills with particular experience in structural analysis and design software, including ETABS, SAFE, SAP and STAAD. Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite required.
– Experience in electrical design from conceptual stage to final commissioning and handover of various types of commercial, institutional, entertainment, residential, retail, leisure and other activities.
– Experience in making models and prototypes of products as well as reading design specifications and technical drawings.
– Excellent computer skills and project management skills.
– Analytical ability and ability to work independently and as a team.
– Experience working in Qatar and/or the UAE is highly desirable.
An excellent tax free salary, with stable employment, will be offered to attract suitable candidates to this role.
About the Company:
1Recruit International LLC is an international global recruitment and human resource solutions consultancy with a global mind set and a proven track record in talent management. Resourcing across an array of executive business sectors, our corporate mission entails client satisfaction through quality orientation; a consultative approach, delivery excellence and innovation through ‘best fit candidates technically, behaviourally and culturally.