Thursday , August 24 2017
Home / Crime / Crime and Accident / Fire breaks out at ATM due to short circuit

Fire breaks out at ATM due to short circuit

New Delhi: A fire broke out today at an ATM of Central Bank of India due to a short circuit in north Delhi’s Kashmere Gate area.

“A call was received at 6.24 pm today about a fire breaking out at the ATM of the Central Bank of India situated in Kashmere Gate. The ATM of the bank and the outer area of the bank, situated next to it, was partly damaged in the fire.

The fire also spread to Union bank of India that is located on the first floor. Five fire tenders were rushed to the spot,” said an officer from Delhi Fire Services.

Police said that the fire in the bank was caused due to short circuit. The ATM has been damaged but there was no currency in the ATM. No casualties or injuries were reported due to fire that was doused within five-seven minutes after the fire tenders arrived, said a senior police officer.