Wednesday , October 12 2016
Home / News / Politics / Fire breaks out in Naveen Patnaik’s chamber

Fire breaks out in Naveen Patnaik’s chamber


Bhubaneswar: A minor fire broke out due to electrical short-circuiting in the chamber of Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik in the state assembly building on Wednesday. No loss of life or damage to documents was reported.

Director General of Police K.B. Singh, who rushed to the chief minister’s chamber, said an electrical short circuiting from the digital clock on a set-top box of a television set in the office started the fire.

He said the general electrical division would inquire into and pinpoint the cause of the fire. Fire Department personnel managed to douse the fire quickly.

Patnaik was not in the room when the fire broke out. He is scheduled to arrive here from New Delhi on Wednesday.

Since the house is in session, Speaker Niranjan Pujari and other members, including some ministers, rushed to the spot to take stock of the situation.

“The fire started from the set-top box of a TV. Senior officials and many other staff were present there at the time of incident. Only a portion of the plywood and the TV has been damaged,” said BJD legislator Debasis Nayak.

Nayak said no document in the chamber was damaged.


Read Also


Rabri made RSS volunteers shed shorts: Lalu