Nagpur: Fire broke out at the treasury department of Nagpur district collectorate this afternoon, said a senior official.
“The fire started in the server room on the first floor during lunch hour at around 2.10 pm and a thick black smoke was noticed by the staff,” said fire officer of the Nagpur Municipal Corporation (NMC) Rajendra Uchke.
He said electric tripping might have triggered the fire.
“Some of the employees tried to control the blaze using portable fire extinguisher. Six fire tenders of NMC were pressed into service to douse the flames,” said the official.
One person received minor injuries in the incident, said the official.
The server room and the computers were totally gutted in the fire, said the official.
“The data till yesterday has been secured and can be retrieved,” treasury officer Mona Thakur told PTI when asked about the gravity of loss of important documents.