Shimla/Rampur: About 200 students of a private school in Bhabhanagar in tribal Kinnaur district of Himachal Pradesh, 200 Km from here, had a miraculous escape as a fire broke out in its premises.
The fire erupted from the principal’s office and engulfed the library and computer room. Students up to class IX were in their class rooms, a senior official said.
The Shiwalik Public School teachers and locals immediately started taking out the children and all of them were rescued.
The fire caused by a short circuit during the day time was brought under control after three hours, SDM, Surendra Mohan said.