New Delhi: Finally BJP elected Yogi Adityanath as UP CM after week long suspense. Here are the top five controversial comments he has made earlier
- On minorities: Targeting minorities, he said that 450 riots cases took place in West UP in two-and-a-half years of Samajwadi Party rule and the reason is increasing population of a particular community. He also questioned that why there are no riots in Eastern UP? He further said, ‘if the other side does not stay in peace, we will teach them how to stay in peace in the language that they understand’.
- On Shah Rukh Khan: He compared Shah Rukh Khan with Hafiz Saeed. He also said that if a huge mass in the society boycotts his films, like a normal Muslim, he would also have to wander in the streets.
- On Mother Teresa: He said, “Teresa was part of a conspiracy for Christianization of India. Incidents of Christianization had led to separatist movements in parts of North-East, including Arunachal Pradesh, Tripura, Meghalaya and Nagaland.”
- On Yoga: Lord Shankar was the biggest yogi who started yoga. Mahadev lives in every particle of this country. So those who want to avoid yoga and Lord Shankar can leave Hindustan.
- On Surya Namaskar: “Jinko Surya mein bhi saampradaayikta nazar ati hai, mai unse vinamrata se kahunga ki wo samundra mein jakar doob jayein”(Those who see communalism in doing Surya Namaskar, I appeal to them to jump in the sea)