Flax seeds laddu: Tastier and Nutritious
The flax seed ladoo recipe is a super healthy, high protein energy. Flax seeds and roasted gram dal makes a perfect combination of Omega 3 moong dal extra nutritious.
Flax seeds – 1/2 cup
Blackgram (urad dal) – 1/2 cup
cardamom powder – 1/ tsp
Jaggery/sugar – 1/2 cup
almond and cashew nut powder – 1 tp each
Ghee, as required to make laddu
1. Heat a pan and dry roast the flax seeds and urad dal until the dal slightly changes it color.
2. Allow the grains to cool down.
3. Transfer the flax seeds, urad dal, jaggery in a blender and grind coarsely.
Note: Do make sure to not make this a fine powder unless you don’t want to chew and enjoy!
4. Take a bowl add all the ingredients ie., flax seeds mixture, almond and cashew nut powder, cardamom powder and mix well with hands or a spoon.
5. Now melt the Ghee to a moderate temperature and add gradually to the mixture while rolling the laddoos. Laddoos are better when they are lemon sized!
6. Flax Seeds Ladoos are ready to serve. You may store them in an air tight container & refrigerate to have them anytime you like.
Recipe by Swathi Chintala