SANAA – At least five family members constituting of a father, a mother, and their three children were killed on Sunday, when Saudi-led warplanes struck a family home twice in Yemen’s central province of Marib, residents and rescuers said.
Three other children from the same family were critically wounded and were rushed to the nearest hospital for treatment, one of the rescuers said.
Residents said the house belonged to citizen Mohammed Mohsen al-Mahboobi in the district of Serwah in Marib province.
Meanwhile, several neighboring houses and farms were also damaged. This is the latest in a series of airstrikes against Yemeni civilians since the war started early last year.
Last week, an entire family of seven children and two women were killed when warplanes struck a house in Yemen’s southwestern province of Ibb, according to rescuers and residents.
Saudi Arabia has been leading an air campaign of a mostly Arab military coalition to intervene in the Yemeni conflict since March 2015.
The coalition has been fighting the dominant Houthi rebel group, which has seized control of most of northern Yemen, including the capital Sanaa since September 2014.
The air campaign is fighting to defeat the Houthi group in order to restore power to the expelled and internationally recognized government of President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi.
Thousands of airstrikes failed to restore Hadi into power or defeat the Houthis, yet over 10,000 Yemenis were killed, mostly women and children, with over three million Yemenis displaced.