New Delhi: The 25-year-old US national, who was allegedly gangraped earlier this year in a five-star hotel here, today recorded her statement in front of a magistrate.
The woman arrived here yesterday morning and met the investigating team to assist in further investigation.
Her medical examination was done following which she recorded her statement under section 164 CrPC in front of a magistrate where she reiterated all the charges, said a senior police officer.
In the next couple of days, police will be taking her to the five-star hotel to establish the sequence of events and the room where she was allegedly sexually assaulted, the officer added.
She had earlier said that she was not “satisfied” with the probe and was ready to come to India to identify the accused.
After the incident, the victim wasn’t comfortable staying in a five-star hotel and the US Embassy has arranged for an alternate accommodation for her, sources said.
On December 8, the tourist guide, accused of raping her along with his accomplices, was questioned by police after his arrival from Nepal.
Police had identified the man and contacted him while he was in Nepal.
The tour guide had denied his involvement in the matter and told police that the victim had given him a positive feedback in the forms and internal inquiry by the travel agency hadn’t found him guilty.
The woman had alleged that she was raped by the men for two days and they threatened her with dire consequences.
She had also alleged that the accused had made a video of the act and had threatened to make it public if she reported the matter to anyone.