Monday , December 5 2016
Home / News / India / Govt has no plans to review terror cases involving right wing

Govt has no plans to review terror cases involving right wing

Nia_6

New Delhi: Government has no plans to review terror cases involving right wing groups and such matters are between courts and the National Investigation Agency (NIA), probing all such cases, a senior official said on Friday.

The cases are lying before the courts and government has no role in it, the senior official said and ruled out the possibility of ordering any fresh investigations.

The terror cases allegedly involving cadres of a right wing organisation include 2007 Samjhuata train blast and 2008 Malegaon blast.

The official said one of the accused Lt Col Prasad Shrikant Purohit’s wife had complained of alleged unfair treatment to her husband during investigation.

The matter is with the NIA and if she is not satisfied, she can come to the Ministry of Home Affairs to redress her grievances, the official said.

Lt Col Purohit has been chargesheeted in the 2008 Malegaon blast case.

A blast rocked Malegain in Maharashtra in which four persons were killed while several others injured. The probe was initially conducted by the Maharashtra ATS and later handed over to the NIA.

Besides Purohit, Pragya Singh Thakur, Shivnarayan Kalsangra, Shyam Sahu, Ramesh Upadhya, Sameer Kulkarni, Ajay, Rakesh Dhawade, Jagdish Mhatre, Sudhakar Dwivedi, Sudhakar Chaturvedi and Pravin Takalki have been arrested.

The NIA has filed charge sheet against eight people in connection with Samjhauta blast case which includes Naba Kumar Sarkar alias Swami Asimanand, Late Sunil Joshi alias Sunilji, Ramchandra Kalsangra, Sandeep Dange (both absconding), Lokesh Sharma, Kamal Chauhan, Amit and Rajender Choudhary.

The case pertains to the criminal conspiracy which resulted in bomb blasts in the Attari Express (Samjhauta) train near Panipat, Haryana on February 18, 2007.

Ramaji Kalsangra and Sandeep Dange, who are absconding accused in the Samjauta blast case, have also been chargesheeted in this case.

—PTI

Read Also

U.S. one-hundred dollar bills are seen in this photo illustration at a bank in Seoul August 2, 2013. Picture taken August 2, 2013. South Korea's foreign reserves jumped to a record high in July, the central bank said on August 5, 2013, appearing to support traders' suspicions of dollar-buying intervention by currency authorities last month. The reserves stood at $329.71 billion at the end of July, up $3.27 billion from June, the Bank of Korea said in a statement, attributing the rise to management gains and the appreciation of the euro in July, which the Bank of Korea said was up 1.8 percent against the dollar last month. REUTERS/Kim Hong-Ji (SOUTH KOREA - Tags: BUSINESS)

FDI crosses $300 billion; signals India is a safe bet

8