New Delhi : You call him ‘Daddy strongest’ and look up to him to stay fit. But, at times, your daddy overlooks his health and signs of medical issues hoping the problem will go away on its own.
In the same way, he takes care of you and your mother you should help him stay healthy by encouraging him to keep a track of his fitness regimen.
Here are a few tips that you can share with him and coax him to adopt for his overall well-being.
The tips have been shared by Dr. Lokendra Sharma a doctor registered on Buzz4Health.com, Associate Professor Of Pharmacology SMS Medical College.
1. Fight the stress: With a lot of responsibilities to manage at office and home, your dad obviously gets totally exhausted and stressed out even if he doesn’t show it. While he has to take care of your school fees, home expenses and pay all the bills on time, it is likely that he may take his health very lightly.
Suggest some simple tips to him to combat the stress such as breathing exercises at regular intervals. Going out for a stroll during lunch time can also help in alleviating stress. Ask your dad not to get work home and while at home, ask him to keep his mobile phone and laptop switched off to spend quality time with family members.
2. Regular exercise: It is not necessary that he should hit the gym to stay fit. Ask him to spare some time from his busy schedule in the morning for workouts and let him follow it regularly at home. Let him constantly try and challenge his body in different ways to get the desired results. Quick and easy exercises such as squats and push-ups can help build muscle strength and burn excess fat from the body.
3. A proper diet: While you may want to believe that your dad will forever stay young, sadly that’s not true. After a certain age one has to be very particular about what one eats in order to maintain one’s vitality and stay in the pink of health. A healthy diet means balanced eating with all the right nutrients that are required for the body. Only a balanced diet can keep your father strong, lean and active to fulfill all his myriad roles. He should avoid consuming junk food and fried delicacies on a regular basis as they lead to an increased risk of heart disease.
4. Say no to alcohol and smoking: While your father may consider smoking or alcohol as a method to beat stress, these activities can seriously harm every part of his body. At times, peer pressure and get-togethers can lead to greater indulgence in smoking and alcohol consumption. But, they also come with long-term risks of liver disease and stroke. While a few drinks at certain occasions are okay, it’s is better that he forms a group or make friends who are health conscious and indulge in healthy living habits.
5. Routine health check-ups: This one is the most important! Prevention is better than cure. While daddy must be eating the right foods or following a regular exercise pattern, it is equally vital that he seeks advice from a physician on how often he needs to go for body check-ups. Screening tests help doctors to detect several lifestyles diseases such as diabetes, cardio vascular diseases and hypertension at early stages. If discovered in their inchoate phase, these diseases can be cured quickly and effectively without impacting the quality of life. (ANI)