Global Engineering Projects
To administer the Main Contract and all Subcontracts so as to ensure the Contractor’s obligations thereunder are properly performed, its rights enforced and any exposure to dispute is minimised. Provide input, support and advice to the other Project departments to this end.
To monitor, control and resolve problematic contractual issues, whilst safeguarding the Contractor’s best interest at all times.
To monitor and control all commercial matters both up and down stream to ensure that costs are minimised and revenues maximised.
In order to achieve the above, the Commercial Manager’s functions will include, but not be limited to, the following:
– Overall supervision of Project commercial team (quantity surveyors and cost controllers), whilst improving / developing quantity surveying practices and systems in accordance with international best practice.
– Ensuring that appropriate contractual notices are given properly, and on time, to both the Employer’s team and Subcontractors.
– Ensuring that all variations to the Works are captured, valued and submitted for agreement timeously. Controlling and updating variation status and related logs with Employer and Subcontractors.
– The preparation, submission and negotiation of extension of time, disruption and prolongation claims, whilst liaising with planning and other project delivery departments.
– The preparation, submission and negotiation of claims against Subcontractors.
– Review and report to Project Manager on Subcontract Agreements.
– Processing and certifying Payment Applications with Employer and Subcontractors.
– Assist in the preparation of cost loaded programs.
– Oversee and verify final accounts.
– Ensure that all bonds and insurances required under the Main Contract and Subcontracts are submitted / received on time.
Experience of managing and administering ME&I / Oil and Gas contracts is essential.
About the Company
Global Engineering Projects is a completely reengineered recruitment company. We utilise the latest technology advancements which enables us to deliver solutions in a way not previously seen in the Engineering sector. Through technology we have reengineered our routes to candidates which has significantly changed the delivery to our clients and our candidate experience.
We have not only changed the way we engage candidates but the candidates that we engage. In an overcrowded recruitment marketplace we believe there is no point in offering our clients what they have already. To add real value to our clients we engage candidates that are exclusive.