Our client is currently looking for a Design Manager. A successful candidate will be expected to establish, maintain and manage effect project design resource and team profile at bid and delivery stages.
• Manage and coordinate the overall design process
• Ensure completion and compliance of design management departmental procedures
• Set up and agree design management regime with the design team
• Programme and manage all design reviews and coordination in meetings
• Monitor progress against programme, and report to the project team
• Liaise with client and consultancy
• Represent the firm in communications with the client on a regular basis and provide leadership and management of the design delivery and review process
• Ensure that the design process is implemented in accordance with the contract conditions.
• Delegate design review tasks and overview the outputs by the architectural review team assigned to the specific project.
• Manage the input of specialist design review team personnel and ensure their inputs are integrated with other team members.
• Ensure that co-ordination with other design discipline review teams is carried out.
• Interface with the client to convey progress of design reviews and obtain further design briefing clarification.
• Interface with the client to manage their approvals of design packages in keeping with agreed project milestones and design programmes.
• Report regularly on the design consultants performance and highlight any areas of concern along with recommendations for corrective action.
• Report on the design consultants fulfillment of their design scope agreements and liabilities.
• Identify the Long lead time material/design package submissions and obtain client approvals to avoid any delays to the works.
• Attend and/or Chair design review meetings/workshops with design consultants as required to ensure that their performance is in line with agreed design programmes and design briefing documents.
• Report regularly on any aspect of design which may present a risk to the progressive contract programme completion.
• Minimum of 10 – 12 years’ experience of architectural design
• At least 7 years of UAE project experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture
• Professional registration
• Have experience in managing large mixed use projects independently with a team of Architect
• Need good leadership and communication skills
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.