Our client, a semi government entity is currently recruiting for a Finance and Operations Director who will provide an effective finance management service to the organization.
Please note that this is part time – full time position. The successful candidate will work 30 hours in a week.
• Annual budget preparation, monitoring and reporting; provide financial and comparative analysis on historic data for planning purposes.
• Prepare annual, quarterly and periodic management accounts and reports. Ensure all statutory and regulatory reporting requirements are met.
• Prepare annual Group financial accounts on an annual basis
• Ensure appropriate financial controls are in place and in use at all times to protect the financial assets of the organization
• Effectively manage annual working capital requirements and maintain periodic cash flows and bank balance reports.
• Manage banking arrangements, including the management of foreign exchange exposure to ensure that the charities’ funds are protected. Prepare a monthly report on the currency position.
• Review legally binding contracts for financial implications.
• Manage the administration and reconciliation of the licensing portfolio.
• Construct payment plans for any new licensees, master licensees and distributors in accordance with agreed terms and deal memorandum
• Secure royalty projections over the term once new licensing and distribution agreements have been signed.
• Ensure revenues are realised and collected in accordance with signed licensing and distribution agreements; calculate and collect overages on the basis of quarterly sales reports from licensees, master licensees and distributors.
• Manage the accounting function using Sage and QuickBooks accounting software, to include entry of financial data and preparation of ad-hoc financial reports as required.
• Manage the purchase ledger, ensure all invoices are reviewed and authorised by the Trustees, Founder or representative of either of these two parties, and are paid on a timely basis.
• Run the monthly payroll process, ensure all staff and consultants are paid accurately; monitor staff holiday allowances, overtime remuneration and TOIL.
• Monitor and reconcile petty cash expenditure, cash withdrawals and credit card expenditure.
• Oversee annual insurance renewal procedures to ensure sufficient coverage is preserved all times for staff and office
• Prepare quarterly VAT returns.
• Prepare, submit and follow up on documentation relating to withholding tax between UK & Germany & Japan on a timely basis
• Maintain excellent relationships and communication at all levels
• Ad hoc analysis and support to the Trustees and their Representative on the financial implications of any business developments.
• UK Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, AAT or equivalent) with a minimum of 5 – 8 years of experience in a similar position.
• Experience of working in the UK, with detailed knowledge of UK statutory reporting and regulatory requirements including Companies House and Tax Authorities.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel and accounting databases.
• Candidate must have excellent communication skills, with English as their first language.
• Commit to longer working hours around Quarterly and Annual Reporting period.
• Must be able to multi-task and prioritise, and work well under pressure.
• High attention to detail.
• Highly organised.
• Flexible and adaptable to change.
• Self-starter, independent worker, strong sense of responsibility.
• Must be able to travel if required.
• Candidate must be available to start immediately.
• CANDIDATE MUST BE ON A FAMILY VISA
• Previous experience in licensing/IP/royalty accounting.
• Experience on Sage and QuickBooks preferred.
• Demonstrates a genuine interest in cause-related or charitable activity.
• Accounting experience in charity sector preferred.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.