Group Internal Audit Manager – Internal Audit – Kuwait
As the Group Internal Audit Manager, you will direct and deliver the Annual Audit Plan for your area of responsibility across all operating regions of the Retail Division. You will provide leadership to your audit team and act as a bridge between the audit team and the business.
Key Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
* Identifying needs to invest in manpower or technology, to enable the Internal Audit Department to provide effective risk coverage to the business and agrees the action plan with the Senior Vice President – Internal Audit
* Identifying major risks in the business and finalising the Annual Audit Plan and the Strategic Audit Plan with the Senior Vice President – Internal Audit
* Identifying opportunities for increasing profit margins or controlling costs through various audit examinations, and ensuring that the company’s assets are adequately protected
* Performing different consulting activities and acting as a bridge between the Internal Audit Department and various Functions to enable them to achieve their respective business objectives
* Performing and leading complex / sensitive audit reviews or special reviews / investigations
* Managing and providing professional guidance / supervision to audit staff on a continuous basis and overseeing progress reviews for staff, on an annual basis.
* 10-12 years’ relevant audit experience in public accounting or corporate internal audit department, with 5 years in Managerial position
* A professional accounting / auditing qualification i.e. CA, CPA, CIA, CISA or its equivalent
* Effective communication skills
* Management skills
* Analytical skills.
About the Company
M.H. Alshaya Co. is a leading international franchise operator for over 75 of the world’s most recognised retail brands including Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania. The company operates over 3,400 stores across diverse customer sectors: Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment. Alshaya’s stores can be found in markets across the Middle East and North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and the company employs more than 47,000 people from over 120 nationalities.
The company has established itself as the industry leader across these territories through a combination of local market understanding and a comprehensive commitment to customer service. Growth in each of its operating divisions and brands is supported by continuous investment in talent and infrastructure. It applies best practices in retail operations, merchandising, marketing, information technology, logistics, real estate, human resources and financial controls.
M.H. Alshaya Co. is the retail business of the Alshaya Group, which was founded in Kuwait in 1890 and today represents one of the most dynamic companies in the Middle East. In addition to its retail operations, the Alshaya Group is active in a number of other sectors including real estate, automotive, hotels, trading and investments. Learn more about the company at www.alshaya.com or on Facebook.