Zamil Operations & Maintenance
HVAC electricians are technicians who specialize in the electrical components of such systems. Most are trained in both the mechanical and electrical aspects of HVAC work, but may have earned professional certification as an electrical specialist. HVAC electricians and technicians are trained to understand the workings of the systems that control the air climate within a structure. Knowledge of electrical theory and safety is necessary. The HVAC electrician must be able to read blueprints and technical diagrams that show the location of the electrical components.
The HVAC electrician is responsible for installing and maintaining the electrical components in an HVAC system, including all electrical wiring and controls. These are mostly heating and air conditioning systems, but also include ventilation, refrigeration or other climate-control systems. They work as individual contractors or for private companies, and may be responsible for HVAC systems in smaller buildings such as residential homes, stores or apartment buildings. They may also work at larger facilities, including office buildings, schools, hospitals and factories.
The HVAC electrician also inspects and tests these systems as necessary, determines any repairs and replaces worn or defective parts. Though specializing in electrical work, an HVAC technician has knowledge of the full system, and may work with fuel and water supply systems, air ducts and other components.
• Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
• Diploma in Electrical Engg/Ref. & Air-conditioning.
• Three years work experience in general building maintenance, including two years in commercial HVAC and one year supervisory work experience.
• HVAC Electrical tools, materials, and safe work practices.
• HVAC operation, maintenance, and repair.
• Supervisory principles, practices, and methods.
• Budget preparation, bid and purchasing procedures, and expense control.
• Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
• Maintaining an established work schedule.
• Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
• Effectively using organizational and planning skills.
• Supervising and coordinating the activities of subordinate personnel.
• Operating, installing, maintaining, and repairing HVAC equipment.
• Estimating time and materials.
• Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
• Three years of HVAC work experience.
Must be based in Saudi Arabia with a transferable Iqama.
About the Company
Zamil Operations and Maintenance Company, Limited (Zamil O&M) was founded in 1977 by the Al Zamil family. It is a Saudi company owned by Zamil Group (95%) and Eastern Industrial Investment Company (5%). We are among the leading providers of operations and maintenance services in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and have executed complex operations and maintenance projects for commercial and government clients throughout the Kingdom even in remote and challenging locations.
Our expertise ranges from operation and maintenance of in-land and off-shore oil drilling facilities, chemical & petrochemical plants, hospitals, universities, residential camps, airports, airbases, engineering services, utilities (including gas metering stations, power stations, waste water, potable water, sea water cooling system, sewage treatment plant) – to renovations of structures in wood concrete and steel – to plantation of gardens, landscapes and lawns – to runway, roads, fence and barrier repairs – to electrical, mechanical, hydraulic equipment overhauls and repairs – to cleaning and janitorial services – to catering and housing operations – to equipment rental and manpower supply.