Purpose: You will be responsible for providing internal audit and wider assurance services to the Developing Markets region. It will involve a wide variety of high profile projects from financial review and control, operational reviews, to business process improvement, major project evaluation and oversight of ethical issues. This will ensure exposure to a broad range of the Groups activities and processes and provides excellent opportunity for future career development across the Group.
– To support the Head of Internal Audit in the management and development of the Companys DvM Audit function, ensuring a professional and value adding service is provided to the Board, Audit Committee and senior management.
– The DvM region is served by three regional Internal Audit teams: Middle East, Africa, South Asia (team based in Dubai), Asia Pacific (Singapore) and Latin America (New Jersey).
– Providing an independent appraisal of the adequacy and effectiveness of risk management and internal controls in financial, information systems and other business and operational areas.
– Produce the annual Area and Regional audit plan focussing on key business risks; cyclical coverage of key controls; selected compliance audits, self assessment and follow up audits.
– Take responsibility for the execution and quality control of audit fieldwork and for the delivery of audit reports (including management comments) for issue to Area, regional or local management and the Group Head of Internal Audit.
– Participate in the management and development of other regional audit teams (i.e. Europe, Americas, Asia Pacific and Information Services) working closely with the Head of Internal Audit in training, staff development and recruitment.
– Discuss audit findings with responsible senior management focusing particularly on areas of business risk, control weakness and operational efficiency enhancements.
– Provide ad hoc investigation and advisory risk and control services to operational management as required.
– Keep up to date with business developments (including acquisitions, new systems, new products and services etc) with particular emphasis on your key Area and any Functional responsibilities.
– Provide leadership, insight and proactive control advice to management and stakeholders on existing weaknesses in controls and emerging threats to the business by participating in the planning and execution of internal audits.
– A professionally qualified accountant, internal auditor and/or audit professional with at least 5 years senior level experience with preferably audit experience in a major international organisation.
– Prior experience in a Big 4 firm and/or FMCG industry will be a significant advantage.
– Good understanding of risk management and internal control and a well-developed commercial awareness. Must have a thorough knowledge of auditing practices, procedures, and principles.
– You must have managed a team of 2 and have at least 10 years experience in Audit from FMCG.
The role requires at least 50% travel to GCC so please apply only if you can get a visa to all countries.
About the Company
We recruit the very best talent for middle management positions across a range of functions and sectors.
Think you’ve heard all that before? Read on.
We’re here to make recruitment better. Better for our clients, our candidates and our own recruitment professionals.
We build relationships, not databases, and add real value that helps organisations and individuals grow. We are a team of functional and sector specialists delivering a genuinely consultative service that is underpinned by the depth of both our market knowledge and the client & candidate networks we have built.
As a part of the Redgrave Group, we work alongside Redgrave Partners, a leading executive search firm. This helped to inspire our unique approach of introducing a search led methodology to the middle management space.
Our clients love it. And as a result, we are one of the fastest growing professional recruitment groups on the planet.
Whether you’re hiring or changing jobs yourself, you can’t afford to get it wrong. Argyll Scott will ensure you get it right.