As the key point of contact in the executive office, the office manager plays a vital role ensuring the smooth and efficient running of the office on a day-to-day basis. Duties include some of the traditional responsibilities of a personal assistant, but the role is more wide-ranging. Diligent attention to detail and applied thinking are key. It assumes responsibility for the organization of people, information and other resources while maintaining a pleasant work environment, ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication, and the improvement of company procedures and everyday operation. The office manager reports directly to the CEO and liaises with the executive team, board members and Vodafone Group
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
• Assist the CEO in all correspondence, including: incoming/ outgoing calls, letters, emails, faxes.
• Manage diaries including participant confirmations and venue management as well as organising travel plans including flights, accommodation, transportation and visas for the CEO travelling abroad and / or visitors coming to Qatar.
• Organise company events, such as workshops / meetings / presentations in-house and at offsite locations. Attend meetings with the senior management, organize agendas, take meeting minutes and follow-up on action items.
• Gather, analyse and interpret external and internal data using different research methods and data analysis techniques. Compile findings in reports / presentations.
• Compile, edit, format and review presentations and other documents (e.g. Operations Reviews with Vodafone Group or local Board Meetings).
• Manage the CEO directorate’s budget, including timely raise of purchase orders and settlement of payments. Manage the CEO’s expense claim as well as company credit card statements.
• Organize administrative office operations and procedures (e.g. filing systems) while using a wide range of office software, including email, spreadsheets and databases.
• Deal with customer enquiries and complaints received by the CEO, respond promptly and follow-up diligently to ensure complete customer satisfaction.
• Maintain relationships with partners/vendors/suppliers.
• Assist with on-boarding of new joiners.
• Manage work for multiple Executives as required and any other duties as assigned.
Key performance indicators:
• Effective & efficient running of the executive office.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
• Excellent English written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills.
• High level of confidentiality and discretion, reliability and adaptability.
• Excellent time and project management, scheduling, problem solving and negotiation skills.
• High level of attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
• A creative mind with an aptitude to suggest improvements, take initiative and make things happen. Flexible in approach, ability to work collaboratively, build strong relationships and influence others.
• Ability to work independently, effectively manage multiple projects, tasks, and priorities.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
• Degree in business administration or equivalent experience preferred
• 4-8 years’ experience in a secretarial and administrative role, supporting a senior executive of a multinational company
• Middle East (Qatar) experience preferred
• Bilingual (English / Arabic), a plus
About the Company
Vistas is a multifaceted company that provides solutions and services in the field of human capital, technology and business process outsourcing.
As a company we focus on innovation and transformational excellence. We help our clients transform their operations through efficiency, service quality augmentation and in turn driving organizational profitability.
We provide comprehensive solutions in HR Services, Facilitation Services and Technology Services.