Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
About the company: My client is a leading Tier 1 Main Contractor that is extremely well respected across the Middle East, having been established there for over 50 years and employing over 8,000 people. Year on year they have shown growth in terms of turnover, staff, size of projects as well as sectors of industry and locations across the Middle East. They are now considered to be one of the market leaders in the delivery of complex civil engineering projects. They will typically only ever be involved in tendering for the largest projects currently happening within Civil Engineering throughout the Middle East (Highway / Maintenance / Infrastructure / Roads / Rail / Utilities).
They are now seeking a world class Operations Manager to lead their Civil Engineering & Infrastructure Division in the UAE. Based in Dubai, but with travel across the UAE, and reporting to the Executive Director, the Operations Manager will be directly responsible for the management and leadership of civil construction operations within their UAE business.
Your hands-on experience and management style will enable your involvement from the preliminary stages of tendering and the awarding of new contracts right through to the establishment of project teams and the guidance of some of Indonesia’s most prestigious up and coming civil and infrastructure projects through to completion.
The scope of the operations manager role will include:
• Personal accountability for leading safety performance on all projects under your control
• Developing and ensuring professional and robust client relationships
• Growing the civil infrastructure components of the business mix to reflect a better diversity
• Delivering agreed profit margins via maintaining and increasing revenues.
• Delivery of projects in line with the agreed Risk, quality, time and profit KPIs set by the business unit in accordance with business procedures and policies.
• Extensive travel throughout Indonesia as required
Required experience, qualifications & Skills:
As the successful candidate, our client will only consider candidates who meet the following criteria:
• A minimum of 15+ years of civil engineering main contractor experience with a leading internationally recognised main contractor.
• Experience in leading an international civil construction division with top tier contract companies
• Acted as project lead on Civil / Infrastructure projects within developing countries
• Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent technical qualifications
• Extensive experience across CIVIL planning, scheduling, project management, estimating
• A strong client facing pedigree
• Strong communication and negotiation skills
• A commitment to continuous improvement
• A willingness to travel regionally within the UAE as required
• Cross cultural management sensitivity and an understanding of issues relevant to large scale
• Strong mentoring skills
• budgeting, and client relations
• Extensive tender analysis, risk assessment and preparation experience
• An approach to safety, health and environment that reflects the importance that our client places on these values
– Excellent communication skills
– Proactive and positive attitude
– Professional approach
– High ethics
– Excellent team worker
– Demonstrates alignment to Company Vision and values
– Negotiable salary (made up of basic salary and housing allowance) dependant on experience
– Family status (Medical / Flights)
– Schooling allowance
About the Company
SSA Ltd. (Sommerman Skinner Associates) find out the detail to allow you to make qualified judgments about your career and its progression. On the companies that we represent (over 2000 spread across a diverse spectrum of industry) we will be able to inform you of contracts pending, awarded, company growth, opportunity, relative reward and internal prospects. We believe that through spending time and effort front end through interviewing or individual dedication we can offer real advice that will be valued. Our founder is degree qualified with extensive exposure to industry and with a career also behind him in Recruitment Management. Our team is made up of qualified construction professionals. We specialise in both permanent and freelance opportunities to qualified construction professionals.
Disciplines covered include:
Site Engineers, Site Agents, Project Managers, Contracts Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Commercial Managers, Planners, Safety, Purchasers, Estimators and Design Executive.