Through Parsons engineering and construction management services, we deliver innovative, safe and sustainable infrastructure in Qatar, Oman, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Bahrain and Kuwait. Our focus is on delivering air, rail, road and highway transportation; water conveyance and/or wastewater treatment; and land development and public infrastructure to our clients and your communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world class infrastructure.
Parsons is the Project Consultant for the construction supervision of a large prestigious infrastructure project in Qatar. Scope of work includes roads, highway intersections, bridges and other structures, electrical (HV and LV) networks, potable water network, sewerage network, storm water drainage network and other infrastructure.
The Planning Engineer is part of the shared services team and will be providing all necessary assistance to the construction supervision team with respect to all planning and scheduling issues and progress of the works. The incumbent will be responsible for the review and approval of the submitted work program by the contractor and he will monitor the work progress during the construction and reports to the Planning and Controls Manager. He will participate and coordinate with the contractor to produce recovery work programs in case of delays and he will participate in assessment and analysis of time related claims.
• Review, check and evaluate the Contractor’s time schedule of works.
• Following the review, recommend, acceptance / rejection of the Contractor’s time schedule to Planning Manager for forwarding the recommendation to the Engineer (PMC) and Client for program acceptance.
• Monitor the work progress, compare to the accepted program of work and report to the Planning Manager.
• Coordinate with the Planning Engineers of Client/PMC and the Contractor on all scheduling issues and progress.
• Prepare weekly, monthly (or any period agreed with the Engineer (PMC) / Client) reports about the status of construction progress.
• Evaluate, and forecast project progress and performance against the established accepted / amended schedule with critical milestones.
• Assess the impact(s) of design/construction changes and schedule slippages.
• Inform the Planning Manager (for informing PMC / Client) of any potential delays in the project completion or the milestones.
• Analyse, assess and participate in discussions about any suggested recovery program by the Contractor to mitigate any delays.
• Participate in the assessment and analysis of time related claims by the contractor.
• Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering, Construction or related field and 10 years demonstrable experience in all aspects of civil supervision on major road, highway and general infrastructure projects preferably in the Gulf region.
• Must be knowledgeable of current Primavera Enterprise Systems (P6) scheduling technology and how it can be effectively utilized on the project.
• Proven ability to perform in a technical role.
• Must have a sound knowledge about contractual relationships.
• Must be fully computer literate and able to utilize computer technology to access data, maintain records, generate reports, etc. and any project specific engineering and construction relevant software.
• Must be fluent in English both written and spoken with an excellent capability in written technical skills as well as oral and written communication skills.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.