Currie & Brown
Currie & Brown is currently looking for a procurement director for our Doha office.
The successful candidate will support project leaders in generating a high standard of service delivery, achieving successful outcomes for our clients, capturing and sharing knowledge across projects, enhancing our culture of innovation and reinforcing our reputation as preferred service provider.
This is a three-month temporary contract.
Responsibilities for the successful candidate will include:
• Reporting to the commercial director and programme director
• Leading the evaluations process, writing the technical and commercial evaluation reports and recommending the most appropriate contractor for each tendered project
• Presenting reports to the client and key stakeholders
• Delivering technical evaluation reports and monitoring the subsequent issue of related financials
• Assisting the procurement team with conducting compliance checks and issuing post-tender clarifications
• Assisting the design consultant team by conducting detailed analysis
• BSc in quantity surveying, project management, engineering or related subject
• Western national
• Membership of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
• A minimum of 15 years’ technical delivery experience gained within a global construction consultancy
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience leading the evaluation of complex design and build projects
• Professional certification in procurement management/project management
• Experience managing direct reports, with overall responsibility for teams in excess of 20 people
• Pre-contract experience
• Middle East experience preferred
• Good technical and commercial writing, client-facing and communication skills
• Well-organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute
• A team player with a ‘can do’ attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable, respectful and flexible
About the Company
Currie & Brown is one of the worlds leading asset management and construction consultancies, dedicated to advising clients in respect of the management and utilisation of their physical assets and is differentiated by innovation, expertise and experience.
We operate throughout the world and have offices in North America, Central America, Europe, the Middle East, India and the Far East.