You will be tasked with setting up a complete construction procurement function for all the expenditure with external suppliers responsible for the provision of professional expertise and at the forefront regarding the implementation and development of procurement strategies. Also, procure, expedite and schedule deliveries of materials and sourcing equipment, goods and services and managing vendors. Perform strategic procurement activities across multiple categories of spend, search for better deals and find more profitable suppliers.
• Within this role the procurement director is responsible for strategic and operational procurement activities to support various construction projects.
• Optimizing value from supplier relationships through procurement excellence, including reducing risk and managing compliance and governance processes.
• Developing strong relationships with internal stakeholders, understanding their needs and consulting with them to build quality procurement strategies aligned to business requirements.
• Lead and manage bidding and tendering activities for goods and services related to projects.
• Responsible for supplier and contract negotiations which involve understanding and knowledge of commercials and competitive pricing for packages related to large commercial structures / building projects.
• Influencing a wide range of stakeholders and groups to enable best practice procurement within the projects.
• Assist in ensuring awareness and company compliance to all building codes and local construction guidelines.
• Assist in maintaining company quality control program.
• Maintain sub/supplier information on company online management systems.
• Manage materials/equipment inventory.
• Maintain and implement construction proforma / budget for each project
• Meet subcontractors and suppliers on-site as necessary
• Ensure compliance to project budgets and provide analysis of deviations
• Ensure accurate takeoffs to ensure budgets are accurate
• Research new materials for design and cost savings
• Maintain subcontractor and supplier insurance policies
• Develop and implement new purchasing strategies to deliver ongoing cost reductions and process simplification.
• Establish new relationships with subcontractors and suppliers to ensure adequate resources for all projects and to continually improve pricing and quality of work.
• Post graduate, preferably MBA with engineering background, professional designations and certifications (PMP, PM, EIPM, CPP, CSCP etc.)
• Successful, multi-year track record in a PSM organization
• 15 years functional experience out of which 5 years should be in an equivalent management level
• Post graduate, preferably MBA with engineering background, professional designations and certifications (PMP, PM, EIPM, CPP, CSCP etc.).
• Exceptional problem-solving/analytical skills
• Outstanding people leadership/management/ communication skills
• Strong organization building skills
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world\’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.