Project Director – Tier 1 Building Contractor – 5* Hotel Project Tax Free Salary GBP 145,000 per annum + Private Health Insurance + 2 Flight Tickets!
Job Summary: Direct and manage all operational and commercial issues from initial phases to completion, across all involved parties and ensure all health, safety, quality and environmental requirements are being applied.
– Supervises the preparation, reviews and endorses of the bid analyses and recommendations for procurement of equipment, material and services.
– Manages the flow of information required from third parties to assure the timely progress of the work.
– Develops and maintains schedule and budget limits while implementing the company’s policies together with management guidelines.
– Controls and monitors the implementation of the total budget, schedule and quality at various stages of the project execution to ensure adherence to the overall approved plan.
– Establishes an organization structure for the project, including manpower utilization and mobilization.
– Leads, motivates, reviews and monitor the performance of the teams staffed with specialists within the contracting division to ensure the effective implementation of the agreed plan.
– Provides professional expertise in the selection of potential sub contractors and suppliers with particular emphasis on their pre-qualification, bid evaluation and site management in relation to site arrangements and overall logistics.
– Monitors and controls the progress of work performed by subordinates assigned to the project and that of the sub contractors.
– Identifies any bottlenecks, directs, guides and recommends corrective action to ensure smooth and timely completion of each project.
– Identifies cost impacts, scheduling impact and quality improvement and makes appropriate recommendation to the company – joint ventures management for approval and upon such approval he/she shall approach the customer with an official claim.
– Approves / endorses contractual and financial commitments and invoices submitted by the sub contractors prior to submitting it to the corporate Head office.
– Ensures the timely and comprehensive inspection of all facilities for their quality and integrity as per contractual agreements in terms of required materials/ equipment specifications and standards by the customer and statutory regulations.
– Recognized degree in appropriate discipline (BSc/ MSc preferred).
– Proven track record of delivery on hospitality projects above AED 250 million.
– Min 20 years of experience of working on building projects.
– Middle East / Gulf experience essential.
– Western university education is ESSENTIAL for visa purposes.
– Demonstrate capability on construction projects of comparable scope and complexity.
About the Company
Taylor Sterling is as an independent search and selection recruitment firm based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. With over 7 years experience attracting talent both locally and internationally to the GCC region.
We are an organization that strives to set the standard for the industry in the Middle Eastern region and beyond. We achieve this by following our mission values that have us portrayed as an integral business partner to our clients and an honest, impartial adviser to our candidates.
The formula to our success in providing turnkey solutions for talent acquisition requirements is one of integrity, transparency and accountability, coupled with extensive regional experience and in-depth industry sector knowledge. Going that ‘extra mile’ is what really stands us out from the crowd and ensures ‘peace of mind’ for clients and candidates a like.