Reporting to: Regional Manager Middle East
• Project management of engineering services for fossil fired power plant projects such as gas and oil (ultimately coal)
• Coordination/Execution of feasibility studies and Front-End Engineering & Design studies
• Preparation of technical concepts incl. coordination with adjacent systems and cost estimation
• Coordination with internal and external parties
• Preparation of technical specifications, bid evaluation, negotiation with suppliers, design review, site supervision and quality control
• Quality assurance and control based on relevant codes and standards
• Achievement and improvement of the project objectives, in terms of performance, budget and planning. Safety and reliability are your prime concerns
• Innovative in finding solutions which are creating value to our customers, and you will at the same time perform high-quality and rigorous engineering analysis
• You feel confident in Business development and contribute technically in the tender preparation in close collaboration with the sales team
• You will be an active member of our “Thermal Power Generation & Desalination” team, which collaborates frequently with the team in the European headquarters and holds and develops our expertise and resources in the design and construction of Thermal Power and Desalination Plants.
• Master/Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with focus on Mechanical Engineering, Process Engineering, Electrical Engineering
• Preferably 10 years professional experience in power plant engineering / construction / commissioning with at least five years on a project management level for fossil fired power plant projects
• You have proven leadership capabilities and you understand the functioning of multidisciplinary and multi-cultural teams. You know how to coordinate tasks and resources and have systematic and focused workmanship
• Proven leadership capabilities and you understand the functioning of multidisciplinary and multi-cultural teams. You know how to coordinate tasks and resources
• You are at ease in contract negotiation and in communication with Senior Management levels. You are good in dealing with customers and contractors and you have strong presentation and influencing skills
• Health & safety is a permanent concern for you. You take all actions to guarantee the safety of your collaborators
• Very good command of the English language, additional languages such as Arabic are an asset
• You are willing to travel in the region;
About the Company
“At Tractebel, we are passionate about meeting the challenges of our clients. We want to provide them with high quality engineering and consulting services so that they can achieve economic success and excellence.”
Daniel Develay, Chief Executive Officer
Tractebel is a global engineering consultancy company with more than 150 years of expertise in energy, water and infrastructure projects. Tractebel’s services cover the whole lifecycle of these projects, from feasibility studies to decommissioning.
Our unique solutions bring added value to clients in public as well as private markets all over the globe. Headquartered in Brussels (Belgium), and with offices in more than thirty countries and projects in over 140, Tractebel undeniably is a top-level partner for every single one of its clients.
Tractebel employs around 4,400 people.