Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Purpose: Develop, execute and manage project plan and delivery to ensure project completion in accordance with time, cost and quality objectives. Coordinate site to ensure smooth functioning of all departments; Ensure compliance with Quality and HSE requirements; Lead the project organizational unit throughout the project duration and be the focal point between client and QPM team along with Project Director.
Responsibilities and Major Activities:
– Coordinate closely with client to develop project execution strategy and establish KPIs to monitor implementation.
– Prepare and implement the Project Management Plan.
– Coordinate with Program Director to staff the project team in a timely manner.
– Establish the risk management plan for the project.
– Coordinate with Project Director to finalize project costs, plans and delivery schedules.
– Obtain client approval to the Project Master Schedule.
– Coordinate with various project team managers to finalize quality, cost, and time goals for project.
– Support Project Director on studies and risk plans for project.
– Drive the engagement and management of consultants and contractors.
– Conduct routine project site inspections.
– Conduct regular project meetings with internal and external teams (consultants, contractors etc.) for project tracking and progress review.
– Closely monitor project metrics and follow up with relevant parties for corrective, preventive and defect repair actions.
– Review scope, schedule, quality and budget changes with client where necessitated. Ensure that change control system is implemented.
– Ensure timely preparation of various progress reports..
– Monitor and analyse reports on scope, quality, cost, and time to ensure that the project is on track.
– Interface between client and consultants (and contractors) for monitoring work completions and payment issues etc.
– Liaise with client for critical decisions as required.
– Advise and direct the client on contractual and technical matters
– Review all tender documents and bills of invoice to consultants.
– Update and authorize any variance order forms.
– Coordinate for claims prevention.
– Communicate information, policies and decisions to project team in a timely manner.
– Ensure effective implementation of all applicable organizational policies & procedures in department.
– Bachelor Degree in civil engineering, architecture, construction management or related discipline
– Minimum 15 years post qualification relevant experience
– 5 years in a similar position with a project management company
– MUST have experience of working with High Rise towers above 50 floors.
– Professional Registration as an Engineer preferred
– Advanced project management methodologies
– Value engineering
– Contract and Commercial Management
– Advanced stakeholder management
– Understanding project environment
– Awareness of construction laws & regulatory environment
– Interface management
– Decision making
– Communication Skills
– Interpersonal skills
– Customer orientation
– Cross-cultural sensitivity
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.