Our client works with parents, companies, scholarship programs and government departments to build the UAE workforce and the leaders of the future. They help young, high achieving students realize their full potential through programs that build on their innate passions and help them to become well-rounded individuals with strong academic, social and workplace skills.
• Working with University stage students located both in the UAE and USA.
• Assesses the student\’s stage of development (academic, career, and personal) and promotes student growth by determining suitable developmental tasks; assists student in establishing realistic and attainable academic and career goals.
• Works with students to develop a personal development plan (PDP) for the Academic year ahead. The PDP takes into consideration academic, career and personal goals of the student and builds their profile to assist them in their University applications.
• Identifies current and potential needs or problem areas (e.g., study skills, tutoring) and coordinates assistance from providers to bridge these gaps.
• Meets with student and parents once a month to feedback on student progress and align on the goals for the next month.
• Advises students on academic, career and personal issues; identifies the educational and career options appropriate for each student and assists with the analysis of each option, including possible outcomes and their implications; if needed, refers student to counseling services; sets up an action plan for the student to explore alternative careers and related majors.
• Monitors academic progress of students; analyzes progress reports from instructors; determines eligibility and satisfactory progress toward degree; identifies current and potential needs or problem areas (e.g., study skills, tutoring) and refers students to appropriate resources for assistance; communicates findings to coaches and administrators.
• Maintains student files and records; documents all pertinent student information; updates computerized information system regarding changes to student status.
• Interprets and explains college and university policies and procedures; participates in preparation of orientations and presents academic information to new students and parents during orientation.
• Identifies options for student to satisfy specific degree requirements; evaluates and makes recommendations on petitions and adjustments to student\’s program of study.
• Gathers and/or calculates necessary information such as GPA\’s or enrollment statistics; prepares various reports as requested.
• Assists students with admission and registration/provides guidance in course selection in keeping with the student\’s interests, values and abilities.
• Builds and maintains close relationships with Universities in the UAE and USA to facilitate ease of student’s applications and maintain close collaboration during student studies.
• Experience advising students on US college applications a must.
• Strong connections to top US colleges.
• Experience within the GCC region preferred.
• Experience with STEM college applications or STEM qualifications.
About the Company
Talent Boutique is a Recruitment Consultancy based in Dubai offering a flexible, genuine, reliable service to clients and candidates.