Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Key Tasks and Duties:
• Develop the Annual Asset Management Plans for the assigned assets. Reporting progress against the plan and identifying options with other members of the Asset Management team to correct any variances.
• Support the root cause analysis for all failures associated with network, pumping station, storage and treatment assets.
• Identification of improvements to maintenance and operational activities and their frequency through the application of reliability improvement programs, including Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM).
• Management of the network condition assessment programme and working with both Operations and Contractors to support the identification of the structural and serviceability issues with the gravity network. Based on failure rates, criticality and other investment drivers.
• Provide asset performance and trend analysis. Track performance against the Drainage Networks Operation & Maintenance Department (DNOMD) plan, identifying areas of non-compliance with proposed high level solutions.
• Responsible for ensuring the development and maintenance of operational standards and policies within constraints. Provide post event analysis and assist in the development of contingency plans where required.
• Delivery of KPI and Levels of Service reporting accountabilities.
• Responsible for the performance of the Surface Groundwater, TSE and waste water asset base, both in terms of the individual assets and their performance as part of a connected network.
• Identification of future risk based investment requirements to address or mitigate performance or capacity shortfalls. In doing so, the remedial solutions will need to take the connectivity and capacity of the asset base into account.
• Analysis and the interpretation of how existing and future legislation will impact on the performance and utilization of asset base.
• Develop scenarios and cost profiles to deliver the asset requirements based on cost and risk, this being fed into the development of the Strategic Business Plan and investment strategies.
• Maintenance of Asset Register and data improvement initiatives.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent from recognized University.
• Minimum 10 years of experience after obtaining degree
• Substantiated Asset Management experience of having undertaken the role of Asset Planner (Asset Management Plan analysis and generation) for the last six years.
• Utility Experience (Wet Infrastructure, Power, Oil and Gas).
• Has undertaken similar tasks as per above key tasks and duties and able to demonstrate technical competencies and skills as per below items.
• Competency in Project and Contract management.
• Proven competency in at least three roles as defined by the UK Institute of Asset Management (IAM) competency framework.
• Basic knowledge and application of ISO Standards.
• Preferably able to speak and write in Arabic.
• Expertise in condition monitoring techniques.
• Ability to manage and organize projects.
• Scenario Planning.
• Ability to work on own initiative.
• Time Management.
• Ability to successfully communicate plans and ideas at different levels within the business.
• Ability to understand and implement business process and procedures.
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.