• creating building designs and highly detailed drawings both by hand and by using specialist computer-aided design (CAD) applications
• liaising with construction professionals about the feasibility of potential projects
• working around constraining factors such as town planning legislation, environmental impact and project budget
• working closely with a team of other professionals such as building service engineers, construction managers, quantity surveyors and architectural technologists
• applying for planning permission and advice from governmental new build and legal departments
• writing and presenting reports, proposals, applications and contracts
• choosing the materials to be used and specifying the requirements for the project
• adapting plans according to circumstances and resolving any problems that may arise during construction
• making sure the project is running according to schedule and budget
• playing a part in project and team management
• travelling regularly to building sites, proposed locations and client meetings
• B. Sc. in Architecture / Architectural Engineering, preferably with 10 – 15 years working experience in site supervision.
• Experienced in site supervision of various architectural works.
• Able to ensure that all architectural works are in compliance with the approved contract documents and specifications.
• Ability to review shop drawings and check material submittals and comment to resolve any discrepancy and error noted.
• With knowledge of international rules and regulations related to the field of discipline and familiar with the prevailing standards and codes.
• Gulf experience is preferred.
• Computer literate.
• Grade A accreditation from the Engineer’s Accrediting and Classifying Committee of MMUP is preferred (For local (Qatar) Applicants only)
Architecture / Architectural Engineering
Job Location: Doha, Qatar
Company Industry: Consulting Services; Architecture
Company Type: Employer (Private Sector)
Job Role: Engineering
Employment Status: Full time
Employment Type: Employee
Monthly Salary Range: Unspecified
Number of Vacancies: 8
Career Level: Mid Career
Years of Experience: Min: 10 Max: 15
Residence Location: Unspecified
Degree: Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
About This Company:
Founded in 1975, our company is one of the oldest international consultancies and project management services providers with central office based in Qatar.
We are specialized in the provision of design, project management, quantity surveying and site supervision services for general construction works.
Our firm is an ISO 9001:2008 certified and operates in full compliance with ISO Quality Assurance systems and procedures. With our commitment to excellence services, our company well-known as one of the most reputable consultancy firms in Qatar, also recognized by some of our clients in most ministries, public institutions and prestigious corporations in the region.
We offer long term career opportunities and dynamic career development for those qualified professionals
Tel: (+974) 4455 11 88
Fax: (+974) 4455 11 44