The System Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. The System Administrator will ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, and Partners.
• Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
• Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
• Contribute to and maintain system standards.
• Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
Operations, Maintenance and Support
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
• Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
• Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media.
• Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
• Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies.
• Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
• Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
• Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
• Maintain data centre environmental and monitoring equipment.
Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science.
VMware Certified Professional
Seven years plus as a system administration experience
About the Company
Talent Boutique is a Recruitment Consultancy based in Dubai offering a flexible, genuine, reliable service to clients and candidates.